Nexsan Unity with Assureon delivers an immutable data management and backup solution which also addresses recovery from ransomware attacks. Assureon utilizes private blockchain to protect and store digital assets in an immutable data structure, utilizes cryptography to secure transactions and relies on an automated integrity audit at the redundant sites to maintain data integrity and transparency.
- Offers malware protection and integrity with the company’s unique file fingerprinting and asset serialization process, metadata authentication and a robust consensus algorithm.
- Secure digital fingerprints utilizes a combination of two cryptographic hashes for a unique file identifier.
- Makes two copies of the file and its fingerprints are stored in a separate RAID disk set either in the same system or a remote one.
- Serial numbers are assigned to each individual file to ensure no files are changed, missing, or inappropriately added.
- Use of a global, redundant, secure time source using Stratum Level 1 hardware time sources to ensure accurate time stamps.
- Continually verifies against fingerprints and repairs using copies and safeguarded by RAID disk arrays for days or even decades.
- Governmental and Corporate compliance of HIPAA, GLBA, Sarbanes-Oxley, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP), SEC 17A-4 and PCI DSS.
- Flexibility to implement in the cloud, hybrid cloud or on-premise.
- Archiving unstructured and infrequently used data frees up primary data.
- Ensures adherence to guidelines for data retention, disposition, privacy, protection, chain of custody, litigation readiness and risk mitigation.